Thursday, August 4, 2011

Alabummer Bound...For Realsies This Time

Alright, guys.  I'm back.  I'm horribly puffy-eyed and a zillion pounds heavier than I was last week, but that's why I blog and not vlog.  It was a long effing day.  I spent the afternoon holding back tears and shopping for underwear with Geo (go on over and check out www.goodguystoknow.com to see what that's all about) before he finally packed up his bags and headed down to Alabama.  Stupid Alabama.  

Guh.  I miss Geo a butt load already.  You don't realize how much you actually like someone until they are leaving.  Here's a tip for those of you considering giving a long-distance relationship a shot:  Don't.  It's hard.  And it's sad.  And Geo owns a lot of stuff that I like to use on a regular basis.  Like an iPad.  So that's a big loss right there.

I went to my parents house after Geo left to bawl my eyes out, and I nearly scared my nieces away from me for good.  "What's wrong with your face, Pharon?"  Despair, kid.  Well, that, and poor skin care for the past couple weeks - don't shy away from the nightly face wash, kids.  My mom and sister Padrin ordered me out of the house for a nice dinner with them, which was greatly appreciated.  You know who's more annoying than a woman sobbing over a man?  No one.  So, sitting amongst normal human beings was a very good idea.  The second Padrin starting dishing some good gossip, I felt confident enough to remove my Hollywood-style sunglasses and tried to feel the sun on my eye bags.  That glass of wine was very helpful too.

Here's what I'm getting at.  Geo moving away for fewer than two years straight up sucks.  He's some of my best blogging material!  But, if I'm being honest, it mostly sucks because I just love him and miss seeing his crap laying around the house.  He assured me that this would be the hardest day, and I hope he's right because it's been a dumb, dumb day.

I'll try and end this on a bit of a cheerier note, though:  I had a dream last night that Ashton Kutcher proposed to me and then told me that we were going to move back to Iowa City (where he's from for REAL, and I went to college there for REAL) and he was going to be a biochemical engineer.  I said it was cool, but he gave me a really weird ring with a bell on it, and I also knew he secretly loved Jennifer Garner, so I hooked them up and then they sent me a tiger as a "thank you".  And the tiger was adorable and I named her Steamfoot Hotbutt because, well, that's just how it happens in dreams.  The point is, I will be getting a pet tiger.

Okay, have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: